VTC Staff can use Microsoft Teams as a priority, Zoom, Citrix GoToWebinar and VooV Meeting for video conferencing and collaborative work. Features supported include audio and video conferencing, screen sharing, chat and presence functionality and file transfer.
VTC Information Security Policy shall be followed when using video conferencing and collaboration tools. The allowed video conferencing and collaboration tools are subjected to regular review of security risks to the Council. Besides, you are advised:
- Avoid sharing / sending sensitive information / files via these tools
- Be careful when you are being requested for desktop sharing
- The recipients not only view the material on the shared device, but also watch as the user interacts with it in real-time
- Check your desktop before you share your screen
- Close any programs you don't want the other person to see.
- Do not expose unnecessary information such as Emails
- Be careful when opening files. It's important to note that files sent to you over these tools could contain viruses and other malware.
When you have a request to use alternate video conferencing and collaboration tool to perform activities for supporting VTC normal operations, you can submit your request to IT Helpdesk via create ticket.